Investigators say house fire was electrical, accidental - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Investigators say house fire was electrical, accidental

Posted: Updated:
© Fires burn through the roof of a home on Masonboro Sound Road. (Source: WFD) © Fires burn through the roof of a home on Masonboro Sound Road. (Source: WFD)

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) - Investigators say a house fire on Masonboro Sound Road was accidental and was electrical in nature.

Firefighters were called to respond to the fire around 4:45 p.m. Sunday. It took about an hour to get the fire under control because it was behind knee walls, making it difficult to access.

According to investigators, the fire started in the attic area above the kitchen.

David Hines, with WFD, said no one was home at the time of the fire and nobody has been hurt. It's estimated the fire caused $150,000 in damages.

Copyright 2014 WECT. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.