Disabled vet pulled through window of burning home - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Disabled vet pulled through window of burning home

Posted: Updated:
Fire officials believe the fire started at the kitchen stove. Fire officials believe the fire started at the kitchen stove.
GUNTERSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

A disabled Vietnam veteran was rescued from his burning home in Marshall County Thursday afternoon.

Fire crews arrived to put out the fire at the Ligon Street home around 1:30 p.m.

Neighbors said they checked on the man and discovered he was still in the home and pulled him out through a window.

"We knocked the window out. When we got his legs, I couldn't get him out, so Clint came on up and snatched him, so we got him out the window," said Johnny Alexander.

Medics treated 66-year-old Metalmus Nesmith on-scene for smoke inhalation.

Fire officials believe the fire started at the kitchen stove.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.