80-year-old twins die of carbon monoxide poisoning - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

80-year-old twins die of carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
  • Local NewsMore>>

  • Mental health facility changes name to combat stigma

    Mental health facility changes name to combat stigma

    Thursday, August 28 2014 11:25 PM EDT2014-08-29 03:25:50 GMT
    The Mental Health Center of Madison County is hoping to help more people who need it by changing its own name. The center's leaders say they're afraid stigma attached to mental health care is scaring people away.More >>
    The Mental Health Center of Madison County is hoping to help more people who need it by changing its own name. The center's leaders say they're afraid stigma attached to mental health care is scaring people away.More >>
  • Sears employee hit in head attempting to stop shoplifter

    Sears employee hit in head attempting to stop shoplifter

    Thursday, August 28 2014 10:55 PM EDT2014-08-29 02:55:12 GMT
    A shoplifting attempt became a strong-arm robbery Thursday night, when police said the thief hit a Sears employee in the head.More >>
    A shoplifting attempt became a strong-arm robbery Thursday night, when police said the thief hit a Sears employee in the head.More >>
  • Safety programs effective in curbing DUI, say officials

    Safety programs effective in curbing DUI, say officials

    Thursday, August 28 2014 10:20 PM EDT2014-08-29 02:20:09 GMT
    Safety officials say slogans like "Click it or Ticket" and "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over," and their respective law enforcement programs, are helping save lives.More >>
    Safety officials say slogans like "Click it or Ticket" and "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over," and their respective law enforcement programs, are helping save lives.More >>
CHEHALIS, WA (KPTV) -

Two 80-year-old twin brothers who were working on an antique car in the garage of a Chehalis home died of carbon monoxide poisoning Sunday.

The wife of one of the victims returned home in the 100 block of Ironwood Court and found the two brothers lying unconscious in the enclosed garage. She called 911, and paramedics rushed to the home.

The paramedics' carbon monoxide detectors showed a high level of carbon monoxide in the enclosed space where the brothers were working on the exhaust manifold of the antique car.

One brother was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, but was pronounced dead around 3 a.m. Monday.

The other brother was taken to Centralia Providence Hospital but was also pronounced dead.

Sheriff Steve Mansfield described it as a "very sad and tragic incident."

"These brothers were simply working on a car together and ended up dying from a silent killer," Mansfield said.

Copyright 2014 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.