Early morning fire displaces 2 residents - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Early morning fire displaces 2 residents

Posted: Updated:
The fire was at a mobile home on Carters Gin Road. The fire was at a mobile home on Carters Gin Road.
TONEY, AL (WAFF) -

Two Madison County residents were put out of their home after an early morning fire.

Toney Fire & Rescue got the call just before 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Firefighters said they saw flames and smoke pouring out of the mobile home when they arrived at the 2000 block of Carters Gin Road.

Firefighters knocked the fire down after about twenty minutes and managed to keep it from spreading from the middle room where it started.

The Red Cross is helping the man and woman who live there.

The Madison County Fire Marshall determined the fire started in the bedroom and was caused by aluminum wiring that is no longer used in mobile homes.

Remember, when breaking news happens, we break it first online, by email, and by text. If you want to receive our breaking news alerts by text, pull out your phone right now and text NEWS to 44848. Message and data rates may apply. You can text STOP at any time to cancel your subscription, text HELP for more information, or call 877-571-0774 for support.

Copyright 2014 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.