Firefighters blame space heater for house fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Firefighters blame space heater for house fire

Posted: Updated:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

Investigators said the misuse of a space heater caused a house fire Thursday morning.

The Baton Rouge Fire Department reported a home in the 5200 block of Cadillac Street caught fire around 9:30 a.m.

The two people inside at the time safely escaped.

Firefighters said the living room was engulfed in flames when they arrived on the scene.

They added the fire was contained to the living room, but the rest of the home had heavy smoke and water damage.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.