SALINAS, CA (KSBW/CNN) - A tainted Halloween candy incident sends a California woman to the hospital.
A tiny hole was found in a Snickers bar wrapper.
North Salinas police said the piece of candy was given to a 16-month-old trick-or-treater.
However, by coincidence, the girl's mother ate the candy bar instead and almost immediately started to feel ill.
Her brother, Eduardo, ended up taking her to the emergency room.
Officials believe some kind of acid-based drug was injected into the chocolate.
"With that kind of strength I almost shudder to think what could have happened to my niece, it would have been far too strong of a dosage for a toddler," Eduardo, whose last name is not known, said.
Police believe this was an isolated incident. An investigation is underway. There is no word on any potential suspects.
Copyright 2013 KSBW via CNN. All rights reserved.