Fire causes smoke damage in Huey P. Long Fieldhouse - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Fire causes smoke damage in Huey P. Long Fieldhouse

Posted: Updated:
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -

A skylight in the Huey P. Long Fieldhouse caught fire Thursday afternoon on the LSU campus.

Investigators say a roofing crew was covering the skylight, which involved the use of a torch, which ignited wood portions of the skylight.

The fire was contained to the HVAC room beneath the skylight, but the HVAC system blew smoke throughout the building.

Damage is estimated at $75,000.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.