3 taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Goodwill store - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

3 taken to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Goodwill store

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Three employees were taken to local hospitals from a west Nashville Goodwill store after it was evacuated Tuesday morning for a carbon monoxide leak.

Goodwill spokeswoman Jamie Berry said two people were transported by ambulance for treatment while a third was taken by a personal vehicle.

The store is located at 5412 Charlotte Ave.

Emergency crews were called to the scene about 9:30 a.m. after the store's carbon monoxide detector sounded, and the reason for the elevated levels of carbon monoxide has not been released.

Approximately 20 customers and employees were evacuated, and the store resumed normal operations about 11:30 a.m.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.