Fire sparks in garbage can under carport - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Fire sparks in garbage can under carport

Posted: Updated:
BAKER, LA (WAFB) -

Firefighters say they arrived on the scene of a house fire to find two people trying to put it out with garden hoses.

The Baker Fire Department said the fire sparked under the carport at a home on McHugh Road in Baker Tuesday morning.

Assistant Fire Chief John "Bubba" Champagne reported firemen were able to put out the fire in about 15 minutes. He added it is believed the fire started in a garbage can under the carport.

A woman renting the home who was inside when the fire started made it out safely. There were no injuries reported.

The American Red Cross also responded to the scene.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.