Man, woman charged with robbing elderly couple - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Man, woman charged with robbing elderly couple

Carter and Malone were charged with robbery. Carter and Malone were charged with robbery.
FORT PAYNE, AL (WAFF) -

Investigators said an elderly couple was targeted, stalked, and then attacked by a man and woman from Fort Payne.

Michael Darnell Carter, 38, and Jacqueline Davina Malone, 42, were taken to the Fort Payne City Jail on robbery charges.

Fort Payne Police said the couple was shopping at a shopping plaza on January 24th when, unknown to them, the suspects began following them until they reached their home on Lookout Mountain.

"The black male asked to use the phone.  As the folks were getting out of the vehicle, they declined him using their phone and at that point in time, he grabbed the purse from the female occupant of the car," said Fort Payne Assistant Police Chief Ronnie Warren.

The elderly couple was not hurt, and the purse was later recovered, but the contents were missing.

The crime happened late last month, but it wasn't until this week that Malone and Carter were arrested and charged.

Copyright 2013 WAFF. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly