Family displaced after Friday night fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Family displaced after Friday night fire

Posted: Updated:

A family has been displaced after a fire tore through their home Friday night.  The fire happened in the 7400 block of Vice President Street, just before 9:30 pm.

Firefighters arrived on the scene to find flames burning through the roof of the home.  They were able to get the fire under control just after 10:00 pm but the home suffered extensive damage to the kitchen, den, and dining areas. Fire investigators say they believe the fire was a result of a pot left on the kitchen stove.

There were no injuries reported in the fire.  Red Cross was called to assist the family displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2013 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.