Limestone Co. officials seize 100 pounds of pot - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Limestone Co. officials seize 100 pounds of pot

Drug agents seized a large amount of pot. Drug agents seized a large amount of pot.
Agapito Peter Gomez (Source: Limestone County Sheriff's Office) Agapito Peter Gomez (Source: Limestone County Sheriff's Office)
ATHENS, AL (WAFF) -

Drug agents from Limestone and Madison Counties worked together to confiscate more than 100 pounds of marijuana.

Drug dogs sniffed out the drugs in the back of a pickup truck at a suspected drop location. The bundles containing 132 pounds of mid-grade marijuana was packed in boxes in the back of the truck.

Agents didn't pinpoint where the drugs, valued at $125,000, came from, but authorities believe it was a recent load from the Southeast.

Authorities arrested Agapito Peter Gomez who they said was making a drop. They are still looking into who he was meeting at the drop location.

Gomez was released from jail after serving time for drug charges in February, and was deported. He reentered the country and stayed involved in drug activity, according to officials.

Gomez was booked into the Limestone County jail.

Copyright 2012 WAFF. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly