Firefighters: Fire likely caused by space heater - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Firefighters: Fire likely caused by space heater

Posted: Updated:
ATHENS, AL (WAFF) -

An early morning fire in Limestone County destroyed a mobile home and sent one man to the hospital.

Owens Volunteer Fire Department and another department responded to the fire around 5 a.m. at 18507 Townsend Ford Road in Athens. The home was fully engulfed.

According to a neighbor, a man and a woman lived in the home. The neighbor said the couple could not get out and had to break out a window to escape. The man was cut and suffered smoke inhalation.

He was transported to a local hospital and then taken to Vanderbilt.

Crews are still working to determine the cause of the fire, but firefighters said a space heater was likely the cause.

It is unclear if the woman suffered injuries.

Copyright 2012 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.