Firefighters responded to the scene of a fire at a historic home in Rogersville.
The fire broke out around 8:25 a.m. Thursday at the Tom Waddell home on 23 College Street.
The homeowner said he was in the computer room when the alarm went off. He was able to get out uninjured.
Crews believe the fire started in the back bedroom. It is not clear at this time what sparked the blaze.
Four departments responded including Center Star, Elgin, Rogersville and Anderson.
The home is a restored log cabin from the 1800's.
Copyright WAFF 2012. All Rights Reserved.
Photos of fire at home in Rogersville. See photos. More>>
1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations
FCC Public File