Havoc looking for first win this weekend

Havoc looking for first win this weekend

HUNTSVILLE, AL - The Huntsville Havoc dropped a 5-3 decision to the Knoxville Ice Bears on Friday night to fall to 0-2-1 on the season and will finally open the home schedule this weekend against the Fayetteville FireAntz.

Friday, November 2 - Huntsville 3, Knoxville 5

KNOXVILLE, TN - The Knoxville Ice Bears and the Huntsville Havoc were evenly matched throughout their contest, but Knoxville made the most of its opportunities and won, 5-3.

Each team kept the other at bay throughout the game, and Emery Olauson secured the win for the Ice Bears with a goal in the second period.

Berkley Scott had two goals to lead Knoxville to victory. Scott's tallies came at 10:05 into the second period to make the score 3-1 Knoxville and 4:50 into the third to make the score 4-2 Knoxville.

Huntsville was unable to stop the Ice Bears from sending pucks towards the net, and Knoxville eventually piled up 37 shots on goal.

David Segal also scored for Knoxville. Other players who recorded assists for Knoxville were Peter Neal, who had two and Steve Wiedler, Jeremy Klaver, Mike Towns, Jon Higgins, and Matt Pierce, who contributed one a piece.

The Havoc excelled on the penalty kill, not giving up a single goal in three chances.

Huntsville was led by Justin Fox, who tallied two goals. Fox scored the first of his two goals at 1:22 into the first period to make the score 1-0 Huntsville. Bill Baker provided the assist. Fox's next tally made the score 3-2 Knoxville with 7:05 left in the second period. Huntsville also got a goal from Ray Ortiz as well. More assists for Huntsville came via Chase Wharton and Stuart Stefan, who each chipped in one.

Kyle Rank made 24 saves for the Ice Bears on 27 shots. Knoxville ended with 14 minutes in penalty time with two minors and two majors. Dan McWhinney rejected 32 shots on goal for the Havoc. Huntsville totaled 16 minutes in penalty time with three minors and two majors and went 0-for-2 on the power play.

Notes :

Andre Leclair was waived, and Brian Rooke was signed.