Sister offers boy for sale on Craigslist - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Sister offers boy for sale on Craigslist

Source: Florence Police Source: Florence Police
FLORENCE, AL (WAFF) -

Police are calling a Craigslist ad offering a boy for sale a family prank.

Police said the advertisement offered a "12-year-old joyfull [sic] little boy (real) needing a good home, and caring people to be around," for sale for $1,200 in Northwest Alabama.

Officials said they first learned of the ad last week. They were worried someone might really be trying to sell a child.

Police said the ad was actually posted by the boy's sister, a high school student, as a prank.

Officers said the prank was no laughing matter, and the girl is being counseled not to do it again.

"Kids and parents need to realize is when you do something like this, you can lure the wrong kind of person, and you're endangering the child by putting their image out there. Just their image alone can be exploited and you not even know it," said Mike Holt with Florence PD.

Police said no charges will be filed in the case.

They said they did, however, have a long talk with the teen's sister about the serious nature of her so-called prank.

Copyright 2012 WAFF. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
  • Video shows Midlands restaurant employee pulled by her hair

    Video shows Midlands restaurant employee pulled by her hair

    Friday, May 26 2017 5:41 PM EDT2017-05-26 21:41:50 GMT

    An employee of a popular restaurant at the Village at Sandhill is facing charges after authorities say he grabbed a server by her hair and pulled her to the ground. 

    More >>

    An employee of a popular restaurant at the Village at Sandhill is facing charges after authorities say he grabbed a server by her hair and pulled her to the ground. 

    More >>
  • Accidental drowning kills 20-year-old

    Accidental drowning kills 20-year-old

    Saturday, May 27 2017 6:30 PM EDT2017-05-27 22:30:20 GMT

    A body found on Biloxi Beach Saturday morning has been identified and the death has been ruled accidental.

    More >>

    A body found on Biloxi Beach Saturday morning has been identified and the death has been ruled accidental.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly