SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 220 • Jr. • Meridian, Miss.
• Russel led Mississippi State to a 28-10 victory over Auburn in the SEC opener for both teams, State's first win in an SEC opener since 1999.
• He completed 20-of-29 passes for 222 yards and three touchdowns without an interception.
• Russell led the Bulldogs on three touchdown drives in its first four second half possessions as State scored 21 unanswered points to seal the game.
• He completed passes to nine different receivers.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 241 • Jr. • Columbus, Ga.
• Jones had the second-most tackles for the Bulldogs (9), two sacks/TFLs, an interception, two forced fumbles and five quarterback pressures during Georgia's 41-20 victory over Missouri.
• Jones now has 16.5 sacks over his last 16 games and 24 tackles for loss in that span and is leading the SEC in TFLs this season.
• Jones' first career INT came midway through the final quarter with the Bulldogs up 27-20 as he managed to grab the pick and return it 21 yards to the Tiger 1-yard line.
• On Missouri's next possession, Jones sacked James Franklin for a loss of 11 yards and forced a fumble that the Bulldogs recovered deep in Tiger territory.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-9 • 185 • So. • DeSoto, Texas
• Sturgis connected on both of his field goal attempts and accounted for eight points in Florida's 20-17 win at Texas A&M.
• He connected on a 51-yard field goal in the second quarter, which closed the Aggie lead to 17-10 going into halftime.
• Sturgis extended his school record of 50-plus yard kicks to seven, which is also tops among all active kickers nationally.
• He now has 100 career PATs made and his 76.9 career field goal percentage is currently 10th in SEC history.
SEC Co-OFFENSIVE LINEMAN PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 343 • Sr. • Richmond, Ky.
• Warford graded out at 91.7 percent with eight knockdown blocks, no penalties and allowed no sacks in Kentucky's 47-14 win againt Kent State. UK's 47 points and 539 yards total offense were the most since 2010
6-1 • 310 • Sr. • Lithonia, Ga.
• Hawkins helped the Ole Miss offense rack up 538 total yards, including 332 on the ground, in a 28-10 win over UTEP. He made his 18th career start and second at right guard after playing center and left guard his first three seasons.
SEC Co-DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 260 • Jr. • Greenwood, S.C.
• Montgomery registered 4 tackles, 1 sack (3-yard loss) and 1.5 TFL (4-yard loss) in LSU's 41-3 win over Washington. He also added 3 QB hurries as the Tigers held Washington to only 12 first downs and 183 yards of total offense.
6-4 • 250 • Jr. • Rowlett, Texas
• Moore registered 10 total tackles, seven solos, and had three QB sacks (-21 yards) in Texas A&M's 20-17 loss to Florida. Moore now leads the nation in sacks per game (3.00) and is fifth in tackles for loss per game (3.00).
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
6-0 • 185 • DeSoto, Texas
• Mills, a true freshman, made his second straight start at cornerback for the Tigers and was second on team with 7 tackles to go with first interception of career in 41-3 win over Washington.
• He added one pass breakup as the Tiger defense dominated the Huskies, holding Washington to just 183 yards of total offense (26 rushing, 157 passing).
• Washington's longest drive was just 45 yards and outside of LSU fumbling the opening kickoff at its own 16-yardline, the Huskies never got inside the LSU 30-yard line the entire game.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 2
LB C.J. MOSLEY (Alabama) -- Recorded game-high 11 tackles with a sack and pass deflection in Alabama's 35-0 win against Western Kentucky.
WR KEVIN NORWOOD (Alabama) -- Caught three passes for a game-high 92 yards and two touchdowns in Alabama's 35-0 win against Western Kentucky.
TE CHRIS GRAGG (Arkansas) -- Caught team-high seven passes for 83 yards in Arkansas' 34-31 loss to Louisiana-Monroe.
RB/RS ONTERIO McCALEBB (Auburn) -- Returned kick 100 yards for a touchdown and accounted for 149 all-purpose yards in Auburn's 28-10 loss at Mississippi State.
RB MIKE GILLISLEE (Florida) -- Rushed for 83 yards and two touchdowns in Florida's 20-17 win at Texas A&M.
SE MARLON BROWN (Georgia) -- Hauled in a career-high eight catches for 106 yards and two touchdowns in Georgia's 41-20 win at Missouri.
QB MAXWELL SMITH (Kentucky) -- Completed 30-of-39 passes for 354 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions in Kentucky's 47-14 win against Kent State.
QB BO WALLACE (Ole Miss) -- Completed 15-of-22 passes for 174 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 53 yards and a TD in Ole Miss' 28-10 win against UTEP.
DB JOHNTHAN BANKS (Mississippi State) -- Registered six total tackles and two interceptions in the Bulldogs' 28-10 win against Auburn.
QB JAMES FRANKLIN (Missouri) -- Completed 25-of-41 passes for 269 yards with two TDs and an interception in Missouri's 41-20 loss to Georgia.
QB DYLAN THOMPSON (South Carolina) -- In his first career start, completed 21-of-37 passes for 330 yards and three touchdowns in South Carolina's 48-10 win over East Carolina.
CB JIMMY LEGREE (South Carolina) -- Tied for team-high five total tackles and returned an interception for a touchdown in South Carolina's 48-10 win over East Carolina.
QB TYLER BRAY (Tennessee) -- Completed 18-of-20 passes for 310 yards and four touchdowns in Tennessee's 51-13 win against Georgia State.
DL COREY MILLER (Tennessee) -- Had six tackles with 1.5 for losses, including a sack, in Tennessee's 51-13 win against Georgia State.