Kitchen fire destroys Moores Mill home - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Kitchen fire destroys Moores Mill home

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) -

An early morning kitchen fire destroyed a home in Moores Mill.

It broke out around 1:15 a.m. Monday at a house in the 5000 block of Iona Street.

The fire marshal on scene said the resident was cooking something in the oven, when he passed out from a medical condition. He woke up to find his home filled with smoke and was able to escape to a neighbor's house.

When firefighters first arrived on scene, flames were shooting through the roof.

Officials said the fire spread quickly from the kitchen to the rest of the house, damaging mostly everything, including a truck inside the garage.

The man suffered some minor injuries, but paramedics checked him out at the scene.

The Red Cross helped him to find a place to stay.

The fire marshal said the incident remains under investigation.

Copyright 2012 WAFF. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
  • Video shows Midlands restaurant employee pulled by her hair

    Video shows Midlands restaurant employee pulled by her hair

    Friday, May 26 2017 5:41 PM EDT2017-05-26 21:41:50 GMT

    An employee of a popular restaurant at the Village at Sandhill is facing charges after authorities say he grabbed a server by her hair and pulled her to the ground. 

    More >>

    An employee of a popular restaurant at the Village at Sandhill is facing charges after authorities say he grabbed a server by her hair and pulled her to the ground. 

    More >>
  • Accidental drowning kills 20-year-old

    Accidental drowning kills 20-year-old

    Saturday, May 27 2017 6:30 PM EDT2017-05-27 22:30:20 GMT

    A body found on Biloxi Beach Saturday morning has been identified and the death has been ruled accidental.

    More >>

    A body found on Biloxi Beach Saturday morning has been identified and the death has been ruled accidental.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly