Florence Fire and Rescue responded to a call around 3:30 p.m. Monday at an office on the corner of Pine Street and Dr. Hicks Boulevard.
57-year-old Robert Salter was working on the AC unit in the attic of O'Bannon & O'Bannon Law Office when he was apparently electrocuted.
Stewart O'Bannon said he had stopped by the office Monday to check the filters and thermostat in the AC unit.
A little while later, an intern went to check on Salter after they heard a loud noise. He was found unresponsive.
At this time, officials said it appears Salter died from electrocution, but they sent his body off for an autopsy to confirm the exact cause of death.
Fire officials said the investigation is still ongoing.
Copyright 2012 WAFF. All rights reserved.
A man in Florence was fatally injured when he got electrocuted in an attic. See photos. More>>