Tips to avoid spread
- Wash hands thoroughly and often
- Anyone with diarrhea or loose stools should not be in child-care facilities until it is resolved.
- Do not swim for two weeks after diarrhea has stopped.
- Wash yourself and your child thoroughly with soap and water before swimming.
- Take children on bathroom breaks or check diapers often when swimming, and do not change diapers poolside.
- Do not swallow water when swimming.
- Cook meat to at least 160 degrees F and use a thermometer.
- Avoid raw milk, dairy products and juices.
- Prevent cross contamination in food preparation areas by thoroughly washing anything that touched raw meat.