Fire officials respond to house fire on Suzanne Terrace

Huntsville Fire Department responded to a house fire on 2503 Suzanne Terrace around 1:30 Sunday afternoon.

The homeowner tells WAFF 48 the fire started behind the television set in the den.

The family was able to get out of the house without any injuries and call for help from a next door neighbor's. The homeowner was also able to save all the families' Christmas gifts under the tree.

Fire officials said the den was completely damaged due to heavy smoke.

Copyright 2011 WAFF. All rights reserved.