2011 WAFF.com Holiday Decorating Contest
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WAFF, LLC P.O. 1414 North Memorial Parkway Huntsville AL 35801 and Huntsville Botanical Gardens 4747 Bob Wallace Ave Huntsville AL 35805. The promotion begins at 2:00 P.M. Dec 15th, 2011. Entries must be received by Monday December 18th at 11:59 P.M.. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Madison, AL/ Limestone, AL/ Morgan, AL/ Marshall, AL/ Dekalb, AL/ Jackson, AL/ Lawrence, AL/ Lauderdale, AL/ Colbert, AL/ Franklin, AL/ Lincoln, TN/, who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFF, LLC, VEE Corporation, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. Beginning on Thursday December 15th at 2:00PMCT individuals can log on to www.waff.com and complete the online entry form and upload a video and or picture of their Holiday Decoration Displays All fields of entry form must be filled-in, incomplete entry forms will not be eligible. Videos can NOT contain any music, singing, lewd actions or language. Registered entrants will be directed to a page where they will upload their video. Uploaded clips must be 50MB or less and will only be accepted in the following formats, .3g2, .3gpp2, .3gp, .3g2, .3gpp2, .avi, .flv, .gif, .jpg, .mp4, .mpg, .mp2, .mpa, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .png, .mov, .qt, .wmv. Entries must be received by Sunday December 18th at 11:59 PM CT in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WAFF-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WAFF-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WAFF-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). Four (4) prize will be awarded. Prize is a Drive thru admission pass to Galaxy of Lights Holiday Lights Display open thru December 31, 2011
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are awarded. Eligible entries will be uploaded to www.waff.com beginning Thursday December 15th, 2011 at 5:00PM CDT on December 18th, 2011 at 11:59 Four (4) winners will be randomly selected. The winner will be selected from the randomly selected entries by WAFF.com Visitors. Winners will be notified on or about Wednesday Monday December 19th, 2011 via the e-mail address or phone number used during registration. If winner fails to complete and return signed affidavit of eligibility or becomes ineligible by Tuesday December 27th by 5:00PM CDT, The Prized Package is forfeited.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of becoming a semifinalist depends on the number of eligible entries and votes received.
7. Additional Limitations: Individuals are eligible to win only one (1) prize from WAFF-sponsored competitions within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture state issued identification is required to claim a prize. The winner will be required to execute a release and affidavit of eligibility at the station located at 1414 North Memorial Pkwy Huntsville, AL 35801 on normal business days between 8:30AM – 5:00PM by Monday November 7, 2011 by 5:00PM CDT, an alternate winner will then be selected by random drawing of the remaining entries
Winner will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. The participating vendors will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner will receive a Form 1099 directly from participating vendors if such participating vendors report any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, winner acknowledges that WAFF-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including but not limited to the wedding and certain events leading to the wedding as determined solely by the Sponsor(s).
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFF-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFF -TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).