Residents evacuated from apartments after stove fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Residents evacuated from apartments after stove fire

Posted: Updated:

A stove fire caused the evacuation of a high-rise apartment fire in downtown Huntsville.

Firefighters responded to 115 West Clinton Avenue at the Russel Erskine Apartments Thursday afternoon around 2 p.m.

Russel Erskine Apartments is a Elderly low income housing apartment subsidized by the federal government's HUD.

Fire officials say a resident left something on the stove and it caught on fire. One person was transported to the hospital for breathing issues.


Related Story:

Copyright 2011 WAFF. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow

1414 North Memorial Parkway
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-533-4848

WAFF Is a Proud Member
of the Raycom Family of Stations


FCC Public File
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WAFF. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.