MADISON COUNTY, AL (WAFF) - The accused Discovery shooter is no longer in the Madison County Jail.
A spokesperson for the Sheriff's Office would not elaborate, but tells us "Hammad Memon is no longer in our facility."
WAFF 48 News spoke with Memon's attorney Bruce Gardner briefly on the phone, and he confirmed that Memon's bond had been posted.
Police say Memon shot and killed 14-year-old Todd Brown at Discovery Middle School on February 5th.
Memon has been in the Madison County Jail since the shooting, and briefly spent some time at Bryce Hospital in Tuscaloosa.
He was transferred there in August to be mentally evaluated, and then transferred back to the jail.
Madison City Police Chief Larry Muncey also says that he is aware Memon is out of jail and with his family.
- School shooting suspect could be freed from jail
- Discovery Middle shooting suspect back in Huntsville
- Attorney visits 14-year-old accused shooter in jail
- Paperwork filed to move accused Discovery shooter to state mental hospital
- Attny. of teen murder suspect claims client was being treated for depression, ADHD
- D.A.'s office takes on second case with 14-year-old murder suspect
- Madison sounds off on whether teen suspect should be treated as an adult
- Discovery shooting suspect transferred to jail from detention center
- Discovery Middle School shooting suspect to be tried as adult
- Tasks force meets with city leaders on school safety
- Task force to unveil "Text to Protect"