Huntsville Police investigate domestic shooting - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Woman shot in Huntsville domestic situation dies at hospital

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - The woman shot in the chest during a domestic situation died of her injuries Tuesday afternoon.

Police say she was shot after apparently breaking into a Southwest Huntsville home and struggling with her ex-boyfriend.

It happened in the 100 block of Wallhaven drive, off Zierdt Road.

Police say during a struggle with them man, the woman was shot in the chest.

Police Sgt. Mark Roberts says investigators aren't sure if the woman brought the gun with her or if it was already in the house.

The woman was taken to Huntsville Hospital for treatment after police say she was shot twice in the chest.

The man was taken in for questioning.

A neighbor says neighborhood is made up of military and retirees and this kind of activity isn't something typical.

"It's a calm place normally and I'd like to see it stay that way. I'm kind of surprised," said neighbor Ron Sill.

The identities of the people involved are not being released.

We will bring you more information on WAFF 48 News at 5 and online.

©2010 WAFF. All rights reserved.

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Surprising cause of death in teen boating accident creates 'Raven's Rule'

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 19:34:33 GMT

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>

    16-year-old Raven Little-White died in August, after a boating accident on Lake Waccamaw. The medical examiner’s report lists “drowning” as the probable cause of death, but a toxicology report that came back later revealed Raven had actually succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly