Last week a Huntsville parent got a call no parent wants to receive .... An alert that their child was missing.
Fortunately that family's story had a happy ending. The incident should serve as a reminder to parents to talk to their children about the dangers that exist in our world today.
Most people are not dangerous. But it's sometimes hard to tell the "bad guys" from the "good guys".
Here are a few tips to talk with your children about:
- Explain to your child what a stranger is
- Tell them to say no if confronted by a stranger and tell someone if a stranger is present
- Teach your children not to accept rides or gifts from strangers
- Tell your children about child abductions in simple and easy to understand terms.
- Teach your child to recognize suspicious behavior and collect descriptions.
- Urge your child to think escape / survival if he or she were ever abducted.
Teaching your children to "Beware and Be Aware" can help keep them safe.
I'm Vanessa Oubre and that's my take, what's yours?