HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF)- Bistro La Ville is tucked away in the village center in Huntsville off South Memorial Parkway.
It's been open for almost a year and offers fine southern cuisine.
One look at the casual, elegant decor at Bistro La Ville and you get a sense of what's in store for the dining experience.
The intimate atmosphere, with its white linen tablecloths and comfortable, colorful pillows, sets the tone.
The staff at Bistro La Ville consists of only the chef, one waitress, a dishwasher and the manager, who doubles as the bartender.
It doesn't get any more quaint than that, but the little bistro is big on taste and selection, with dishes like shrimp biscuits and gravy, lamb rack, and blackened Atlantic salmon.
Manager Eric Davis said Bistro La Ville has the best food in Huntsville.
"I've worked in fine dining for 10 years, and there are some fabulous restaurants in Huntsville, but you come here once, you'll come back again," said Davis.
Annette Mills opened Bistro La Ville last June, not for herself....
"for my son, he's the chef. He wanted to create his own food rather than cook other people's creations, and I supported that, and I said let's do it," Mills said.
Her son, Chef Clint Atkinson, is a graduate of the Memphis Culinary Academy.
He was voted second best chef in the Valley and says he enjoys the creative process.
"I've always been the type of person who had to do my own thing, be my own boss, be artistic, creative. And this was the only way I was going to get to do that," said Atkinson.
When asked to describe his food, his answer is simple.
"Really just American. American fine dining, quality food. Not hamburgers and hot dogs, obviously, but still American," he said.
Atkinson hopes one day to be the sole owner of Bistro La Ville.
In the meantime, he's content to offer what he said is quality food at a reasonable price.
He also wants to continue building his reputation as a chef, one customer at a time.
Here's a look at how some of your favorites stacked up with inspectors this week.
- Monaco Pictures main concession, Bridge Street Northwest in Huntsville...94
- Monaco Pictures Prive', Bridge Street Northwest in Huntsville...95
- Regal Hollywood 18, South Memorial Parkway in Huntsville...94
- Domino's Pizza, University Drive in Huntsville...94
- Meteor Buffet, Highway 72 East Huntsville...94
- Biscuit Express, Moore's Mill Road, Huntsville...94
- Jimmy's, Highway 72 West in Madison...95
- Oriental Express Chinese Restaurant, University Drive in Huntsville...95
- Chef's Table, Cecil Ashburn Drive in Huntsville...95
- El Mariachi Mexican Restaurant, Winchester Road, Huntsville...95
- Stir Fry Mongolian Grill, Cecil Ashburn Drive, Huntsville...96
- Emma's Tea Room, Pratt Avenue in Huntsville...96
- Guadalajara of Huntsville, South Memorial Parkway, Huntsville...97
- Old Towne Coffee Shoppe, Pratt Avenue, Huntsville...97
- Fork Down and Pork, Carl T Jones Drive, Huntsville...98
- Costco wholesale retail, North Memorial Parkway, Huntsville...99
- and Costco produce section, North Memorial Parkway, Huntsville...100
- Sam's Club produce, Holmes Drive in Huntsville...98
- Pond Pure Catfish, Market Street in Moulton...90
- Caddo Cafeteria, County Road 434 in Trinity...94
- Parkway Chevron, Highway 24 in Moulton...93
- Lentz Grocery and Deli, County Road 434 in Trinity...95
- Moulton Chevron, Market street in Moulton...94
- B&B Grocery, County Road 460 in Moulton...96
- Libby's cafe, County Road 400 in Hillsboro...95.
- Kathy's Catfish, County Road 434 in Trinity...96
- Whitts Barbecue, Highway 24 in Moulton...98