Red Cross assists family after morning fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Red Cross assists family after morning fire

HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF) - A family is displaced after fire burned a duplex in Huntsville early Thursday morning.

It happened on Boardman St. near Governors Dr around 3:30 Thursday morning.  Firefighters saw smoke coming from the home when they arrived on the scene.

Fire crews say several people were home when the fire started.  Paramedics took one woman to the hospital.  She suffered smoke inhalation, but her injuries were not life-threatening.

Firefighters say the fire was caused by flameable items that were left too close to a heater.

©2009 WAFF. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly