TONEY, AL (WAFF) - Hard Knocks Rescue & Training, Inc. of Toney is one of ten animal rescues and shelters nationwide competing for a piece of $25,000 worth of grants through Tractor Supply Company’s annual Rescue Your Rescue contest.
The contest is an online competition to recognize groups working to find forever homes for adoptable animals.
Hard Knocks Rescue & Training, Inc. was chosen as a top ten finalist after customers nominated their favorite shelter by submitting a photo and brief statement of why it deserves a financial boost.
You can choose the grand prize winner of a $10,000 grant by voting at TractorSupply.com/PhotoContest. The last day to vote is Sunday, August 19.
The top ten finalists are:
- Acadiana Humane Society of Sunset, La.
- Flower City Critters Small Animal Rescue of Rochester, N.Y.
- Hard Knocks Rescue & Training, Inc. of Toney, Ala.
- Help for Pets in Charles County of Brandywine, Md.
- Horses That Help of West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Humane Society of Imperial County of El Centro, Calif.
- Mutt Misfits Animal Rescue Society of Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Rainbow Meadows Equine Rescue & Retirement, Inc. of Sedan, Kan.
- Rusty's Angels Sanctuary of New River, Ariz.
- Whispering Rise Farm & Animal Sanctuary of Freeland, Md.
The remaining winners will receive $5,000 for second place, $3,500 for third place, $2,000 for fourth place, $1,500 for fifth place, $1,000 for sixth place, $800 for seventh place, $650 for eighth place, $350 for ninth place and $200 for tenth place.
For more information about the Rescue Your Rescue contest visit Tractor Supply.